Last Updated: March 16, 2022
Did you know that at the end of 2021, 51.3 million people in the UK were Facebook users, exceeding all expectations? For more interesting facts about Facebook, alongside a more detailed report, keep reading.
Before we dive into Facebook stats in the UK, take a glimpse at some of those fascinating statistics that we outlined for you.
Top 10 Facebook Usage Statistics UK
- Over fifty-one million people in the UK were Facebook users at the end of 2021.
- In 2019, adult users spent an average of 23 minutes, 3 seconds on Facebook each day in the UK.
- In January 2020, 69.1% of Facebook users in the UK accessed the platform solely via mobile phone.
- In May 2021, Facebook was the most popular social media website, with approximately 56% of the UK’s social network market share.
- As of July 2021, adults aged 25 to 34 years were the largest age group, with 25.1% of total Facebook users in the UK.
- Women accounted for 52.5% of users, while men accounted for 47.5% of the total number of Facebook users in the UK in 2021.
- In January 2020, in the UK, the average engagement rate for Facebook posts of any kind was 3.26%, for images 3.97%, and videos 6.96%.
- The most popular Facebook page in the UK in 2020 with 73 365 711 fans was Manchester United.
- The most popular brand page on Facebook in the UK as of March 2020 was Amazon UK, captivating 5.73 million local fans.
- In 2019, Facebook UK Limited reached a revenue of £1,070,624,000.
Facebook Usage Statistics UK: Users
Have you ever wondered how many people used Facebook in 2021 in the UK? If you have, these Facebook usage statistics will surely provide an answer.
In January 2021, the number of people using Facebook was 50,360,000, representing 74% of the UK’s entire population
Looking solely at the UK internet users, Facebook, including Messenger, is the social media site with the highest reach of 95%. The difference in the number of Facebook users in the UK from January to December 2021 is evident. In this period, the number of Facebook users in the UK increased by over 1 million.
51.3 million people in the UK were Facebook users at the end of 2021
The Facebook growth rate has exceeded all expectations by reaching Statista’s predicted number of Facebook monthly active users for 2026, at the beginning of 2021.
The expected number of UK Facebook monthly active users in 2026 was 49.84 million
Take a look at how many people used Facebook daily as well as overall Facebook usage statistics in the United Kingdom in 2020.
79% of participants were Facebook daily active users, based on Statista’s survey in the UK conducted in the third quarter of 2020
Almost all participants in this survey reported they accessed Facebook at least once a month.
How much time Facebook users spent on the platform in the UK in 2019?
Adult users spend an average of 23 minutes and 3 seconds on Facebook each day.
Facebook has held a steady dominance in the UK during recent years when it comes to social network market share.
In May 2021, Facebook was the most popular social media website, with approximately 56% of the UK’s market share
Facebook Usage Statistics UK: Devices
Check out these Facebook usage statistics for devices that people in the UK used to access the platform in January 2020.
According to wearesocial, 97.8% of Facebook users accessed the platform via any kind of device, while 69.1% of them accessed Facebook solely via mobile phone
- 2.2% of users used only a laptop or desktop computer to access Facebook, 28.7% of users used both computers and phones to connect to the platform
Facebook is one of the most-used mobile apps in the UK, with 138.000 downloads on Android devices in the UK in 2020.
We examined Facebook usage statistics in the UK by download rate. Here’s what we found out:
- In February 2020, there were almost 138 000 Facebook downloads to android devices in the UK.
- At the same time, there were almost 238 000 Facebook downloads to iPhones in the UK.
Facebook Usage Statistics UK: Demographics
You might be interested in knowing what age group used Facebook the most in 2021? So, let’s look at Facebook users by age in the United Kingdom in 2021.
- As of July 2021, adults aged 25 to 34 years were the largest age group, with 24.9% of total Facebook users in the UK.
- Those aged 13 to 17 years were the smallest age group, with only 5% reach.
- Surprisingly, those aged over 65 years accounted for 9.5 % of Facebook users in the UK as of July 2021.
To expand on that a bit, we included Facebook user demographics by gender in the UK, where women were in a slight lead as of December 2021.
Women accounted for 52.5% of users, while men accounted for 47.5% of the total number of Facebook users in the UK in 2021
Additionally, WhatsApp statistics reveal that British women use Facebook more than they use WhatsApp; while men use both applications equally.
How about some Facebook user statistics by household income in the UK?
In January 2018, in a survey conducted in the UK, 82% of participants with an annual household income of under £14,000 were Facebook users
Facebook Usage Statistics UK: Engagement
We begin with Facebook statistics in the UK for the average engagement rate for January 2020.
The average engagement rate for Facebook posts of any kind was 3.26%, for images 3.97%, and for videos 6.96%
We are all aware of the fact that Facebook is an important means of marketing. Digital marketers are using Facebook Posts, Facebook Stories and Facebook Business Suite for these purposes.
UK Facebook users click on almost double the global average of ads – 19 per month
We made a table of the United Kingdom’s Facebook page statistics ranked by the largest audience.
|Facebook page||Total number of fans|
|The UNILAD UK||42,541,501|
To follow up, we listed statistics for the most popular brand pages on Facebook in the UK in 2020.
The most popular brand page on Facebook in the UK as of March 2020 was Amazon UK, captivating 5.73 million local fans.
The second most popular brand page on Facebook in the UK was UNREEL, attracting 4.86 million local fans.
10th place in the top ten most popular brand pages on Facebook in the UK went to eBay, with 2.2 million fans.
Here’s how the revenue of Facebook in the UK changed from 2011 to 2019.
In 2019, Facebook UK Limited reached a revenue of £1,070,624,000
Up next is the value of Facebook cost per mille (CPM) in the United Kingdom in 2020.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic impact, cost per thousand impressions on Facebook in the UK decreased below $1.5 in March and April 2020
In May 2020, CPM raised again, and in the 48th week of 2020 reached $5.53
Since its launch on February 4, 2004, Facebook has retained the role of the UK’s leading social network. After all, Facebook is the pioneer of social media networks as we know them today, which is why it might be beneficial to keep up with these and similar Facebook facts.
We hope that our Facebook usage statistics UK edition answered all of your questions and provided you with all information that you needed.