Last Updated: January 26, 2022
It looks like this TikTok thing is here to stay, huh? Did you know that, in 2019, the TikTok platform achieved user growth of 205.3% and revenue of 2.4 million, in the UK alone?
For the uninitiated, TikTok is a popular video-sharing social network that allows you to watch and create short video clips by applying creative animation filters and adding popular pieces of music in the background. It is an artistic tool of many applications, but it is mostly used for humour and entertainment, spawning a new kind of social breed – the TikTokers.
If you ever wanted to know how many people in the UK use this app, what age groups use TikTok the most, and more interesting TikTok statistics UK like those, and then some, keep on scrolling.
Top 10 TikTok Statistics UK Edition
- In May 2020, there were 6 million active TikTok monthly users in the UK.
- In 2021, the number of TikTok users in the UK exceeded 13 million.
In the third quarter of 2020, 24% of TikTok users in the UK were aged between 15 and 25 years.
In 2020, 65% of TikTok users in the UK were female, while 35% were male.
- In 2019, the TikTok penetration rate in the UK was 8.7%.
- The average user in the UK spent 41 minutes on TikTok a day, in 2020.
- In September 2019, there were 3.8 million TikTok downloads for iOS devices in the UK.
- 96% of surveyed UK people used TikTok every month in 2020.
In 2020, TikTok achieved a 75.2% user growth in the UK.
- In 2019, TikTok Revenue in the UK was $2.4 million.
First things first, let’s see how many TikTok users are there in the United Kingdom.
TikTok Statistics UK: Users
Care to venture a guess – how many people have TikTok?
The number of UK TikTok users rose from 9.8 million in 2020 to over 13.3 million in 2021
As we can see, the number of people who use TikTok in the UK is growing each year, with no indication it will settle anytime soon.
Let’s see how many TikTok users we expect there will be in the future.
TikTok had an estimated number of 12.9 million UK visitors in April 2020, which is an astounding 5.4 million more than in January the same year
The number of users in the UK by the end of 2021 was more than doubled compared to 2019.
The following TikTok stats will show us TikTok’s share of social network users in the UK.
According to eMarketer, 25% of the total number of internet users in the UK will use TikTok in 2022
Generation Z uses TikTok the most, but other age groups might start using this app more in the future with this prediction in mind.
In the next section, we’ll focus on different age groups using TikTok.
TikTok Statistics UK: Demographics
Who would you bet uses TikTok the most?
As of the third quarter of 2020, 24% of TikTok users in the UK were aged between 15 and 25 years old.
Only 9% of UK people aged from 26 to 35 years old were using TikTok in the third quarter of 2020.
That same year, 9% of people in the UK aged between 36 and 45 years old were TikTok users.
6% of UK individuals aged between 46 and 55 years old used TikTok in 2020.
2% of people in the UK who are 56+ years old were using TikTok in 2020.
From these TikTok user stats, we can clearly see that Generation Z members used TikTok the most in 2019. When it comes to gender, however, the following statistic shows us that women in the UK prefer using this video-sharing app more than men.
TikTok Statistics UK: Usage
Let’s take a look at how many new users there were in 2019.
In 2019, the TikTok penetration rate in the UK was 8.7%
In comparison to 2017, the year TikTok was launched, the penetration rate was 1.8%, increasing 6.9% in two years.
What is the average daily time on TikTok in the UK?
The average user in the UK spent 41 minutes on TikTok a day in 2020
Having in mind that people use more than one app, 41 minutes spent on TikTok isn’t that surprising, considering an average UK person spends almost four times that on their smartphone in general. When you want to chill after work, watching videos on TikTok might relax and entertain you.
But who is craving for relaxation and entertainment around a typical household the most? Our children, of course. So we pose a question – what is the average time spent by children on TikTok?
Children used TikTok 69 minutes a day in February 2020
It might be interesting to mention that 18% of children aged between 8 and 11 have a social media profile in the UK.
How many downloads does TikTok have in the UK?
- The trend of iOS TikTok downloads had a big decline in 2019, from 3.8 million in September to only 990,000 downloads in December same year.
- In October 2021, the app was downloaded around 527,000 times on Android devices in the UK.
- From February till March 2020, there was an increase of TikTok downloads from 442,000 to 745,000 respectively.
Checking these TikTok stats out, we can notice that the UK held a steady second place when it came to TikTok downloads for iOS, by the end of 2020. What’s more, the TikTok app was the second most downloaded in the UK in 2019.
How often do people use TikTok in the UK?
- In 2020, 96% of surveyed UK people used TikTok every month.
- 88% of TikTok users in the UK used it every week.
- 46% of surveyed TikTokers in the UK used it daily.
Based on the report of 89% of internet users daily, it’s safe to assume that TikTok users contribute to that number greatly.
Following up, we will talk about the growth trends TikTok has achieved.
TikTok Statistics UK: Growth Trends
We’re about to show you the growth trends for 2019 and 2020 in the UK.
- In 2019, in the UK TikTok achieved an enormous growth of 205.3% of its users.
- In 2020, TikTok’s growth of users in the UK was 75.2%.
As we can see above, in 2019, TikTok reached a tremendous amount of new users, while in 2020 the growth diminished somewhat. Naturally, this begs the question – what does the future hold for TikTok?
- eMarketer predicted that in the UK TikTok’s growth in 2021 will be 27.6%.
- By 2022, TikTok user growth is expected to be 7.6% in the UK.
- As for 2023, that same growth is expected to fall to 3.3%.
These statistics are only predictions, however. How many people will keep using this app, we cannot say with certainty.
TikTok Statistics UK: Revenue
In 2019, TikTok Revenue in the UK was $2.4 million
The United Kingdom in 2019 held third place, while China was in the first, and the US came in second.
We’ve compiled a list of famous TikTok users as well as UK celebrities who are the most followed on TikTok in the UK:
Top TikTok Users in the UK
- Holly H has more than 16.2 million fans.
- Jamil Jamel Neffati has more than 17 million fans.
- Rhia has more than 13.7 million fans.
- Amelia Gething has more than 7.1 million fans.
- Max and Harvey have more than 6.4 million fans.
- Bobbie has more than 5.6 million fans.
- Elmo has more than 4.1 million fans.
- Zephan Clark has more than 2.9 million fans.
- Vicky Banham has more than 1.2 million fans.
- Laura Bubble has more than 1 million fans.
UK Celebrities on TikTok
- Maisie Smith has more than 2.3 million followers.
- Jacqueline Jossa has more than 1.8 million followers.
- Luke Trotman has more than 1.3 million followers.
- Joe Sugg has more than 1.2 million followers.
- Laura Whitmore has more than 490.9k followers.
- Amanda Holden has more than 1.1 million followers.
- Sam Thompson has more than 802.5k followers.
- Tom Malone Jr. has more than 831.8k followers.
- Montana Brown has more than 546.2k followers.
Based on TikTok statistics UK we’ve seen, we can expect the TikTok trend to carry well over in 2021, and be very profitable to everyone involved in financial or entertainment value. How long will it last, and will it eventually dry out as Vine did before it, is something we can speculate only.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to make a duet to a dance video.